Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Wayward Bound…

4872862081_631e98bed5_bTomorrow, my father embarks on a journey from Atlanta to San Diego.  He will then help my brother drive his two cars back to Alabama.  I don’t envy him of that task.  That is one helluva long drive, although I did volunteer to help.  They are going to be gone for two weeks. They are making a pit stop in St. Louis to visit some relatives of my father.

“You’re going to have to keep an eye on your mother while I am gone,” my father told me while I was over at their house last hour getting my sodas.

Dad was diligently paying bills online in preparation for his departure.

I asked mom if there was anything she wanted to do and she started naming off things she would like for us to accomplish.  I laughed goodheartedly as the list grew and grew.

“I want to go eat Chic-fil-a one evening and Chinese the next week,” she told me as a few things she wanted to do.

Mom also wants to go to Books-a-Million once again. She has quite a few books on order to keep her preoccupied while my father is gone.

“Let’s get us a chocolate shake while we are down there!”

“Can you think of anything neat you want to buy at Best Buy?” she then asked me.

“I can think of dozens of neat things I would like from Best Buy,” I replied with a laugh as my mother then chuckled nervously biting off more than she could chew.

I will probably get me another mouse or keyboard as I collect the things.  No more wireless mice or keyboards, though.  The things eat batteries if you use your computer as much as I do.

Photo Credit:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/raymondyue/4212301977

1 comment:

Berryvox said...

Ugh, that's exactly why I can't stand wireless mice and keyboards.

And I'm a little envious of your father. :) One of the best times I ever had was driving from Minneapolis to Las Vegas. Personally, I can only do it solo though. Other people with me start to grate on my nerves two states in.