Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Remember James Horner with these 17 Scores…

jameshorner

James Horner was one of my favorite film score composers.  Here is a sampling of some of the scores he wrote since the eighties.  I still can’t believe he’s dead.  He died in a plane crash last week near Santa Barbara.   My favorite composition from him has to be The Princess Pleads for Wallace’s Life off the Braveheart soundtrack.  It is just a beautiful piece of work.

Life is so fickle.  Embrace it while you can…

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/23/james-horner-scores-titanic

2 comments:

Beth said...

You got that right. I loved his work too, nearly as much as I love john Williams. And yes, life can be so short, so fickle, as you said. It is important to live one day at a time, to treasure the moment, and be grateful for everything. You just never know....

diana said...

As I said on the other post, he was a member of my tribe. A Jew.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/horner.html
One of my favourite composers too.
May his memory be for a blessing.