Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Just a Quick Grocery Day Note…

GTY_kroger_shopping_lpl_131125_16x9_992Dad was very overjoyed I got those Marie Callendar’s meals.  I got 14 meals tonight which will give me two a day to eat.

“You can’t cook, clean up, and do all of that,” he told me with very little faith in my cooking and cleaning abilities. “I was thoroughly glad you got those meals.”

The total came to $79 dollars which made me wince, but my father didn’t flinch.

I also got five gallons of diet tea instead of four as I would always run out by the end of the week.

“You didn’t spend too much,” my father said assuaging my worries as we walked to our cars. “I think you did good tonight with what you got. You got a lot of food for your dollar.”

My two diet destroying splurges were four king sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars. They were on sale for .99 cents each. Boy, am I going to relish those.  I have a sweet tooth that can’t be denied.  I also got some Hostess chocolate cupcakes as well – an old childhood weakness of mine.

Photo Credit:   http://abcnews.go.com/Business/supermarkets-introduce-personalized-pricing/story?id=21010246

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Andrew...those meals are so full of salt and additives. Please get your dishwasher fixed, and cook. The fewer additives you eat the healthier you will feel. You are a great cook!

glittermom said...

I got the chocolate covered twinkles! A nice treat....