Thursday, June 25, 2015

McGruff is Back!

freds-super-dollar“I thought you didn’t work here anymore,” I told McGruff relieved when it was my turn to get checked out.

Fred’s was hopping busy today.  I had to wait ten minutes in line in order to get checked out and they had two registers open for business.

“I never left.  You must’ve just missed me,” she said.

I placed a small box of Fred’s brand 24 pack Benadryl on the counter and she scanned it.

“It will be $2.60 honey,” she replied as I readied to swipe my debit card.

“The price sticker on the shelf says $1.85,” I told her. “That price must be wrong.”

She told me to walk back to the pharmaceuticals aisle and show her the price after she got the manager to void out the sale.

“You’re right,” she said. “The scanned price is wrong.”

She rung me up again and the price was a much more manageable $2.05.  I told her I was glad to see her and had missed her.  You could almost see her grumpy old heart melt.

Photo Credit:    http://www.nerdwallet.com/dealfinder/black-friday/freds-super-dollar

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

May I ask your plans for the Benadryl? If I recall from some of your previous writings you sometimes consumed large quantities of this material for a form of inxociation. I am hoping you are not planning this currently as from my understanding the Benadryl is more physiologically damaging (especially in high dosages) than would be a more modest quantity of tobacco or alcohol.

PipeTobacco

Summer said...

I was going to ask the same.

Andrew said...

I haven't overtaken them. I just took two last night to help me sleep. I had a really bad day yesterday and needed and old crutch to lean on.