Friday, June 26, 2015

It’s All Uncommonly Good Around Here…

001I thought my father would never ever arrive tonight.  He didn’t arrive until almost 10:30pm.  I hesitated to call his cellphone as he says I keep up with him like my mother does.  When he arrived, he was in an uncommonly good mood due to pizza and beer.

“You’re not much one to drink beer,” I told him amused.

“I had me some cold Coronas with my pizza,” he replied. “Ole!”

I laughed wholeheartedly.   I shouldn’t have, but my father’s mood was contagious.  He was being silly.

Dad had also brought me a big pizza box of leftover New York Style pizza from Johnny’s in downtown West Point. I was very, very grateful for this gift.  Johnny’s has excellent pizza – expensive and very delicious.  I am going to save it for breakfast in the morning.

We took my many medications and then dad wanted me to look up the Queen’s state visit to Germany on my iPad.  He is obsessed with the British Monarchy. To be honest, I am pretty smitten with them myself.  I pulled up the official webpage of the British Monarchy and he must’ve read it for ten minutes while Maggie vied for his attention.

We finally fed and watered a grateful Maggie and he was on his way.

“Love you, son!” he said walking down the front steps of my house.

Now it is time for the nitty gritty.  Do I stay up late playing WarCraft, or do I join Maggie in the bed?  Both endeavors would be enjoyable.

No comments: