Friday, June 19, 2015

Amen to the Medication Ritual…

Mom called me a moment ago.

“I told your daddy he needs to bring your medications – that it is almost past ten.  He left about ten minutes ago after I finished badgering him about it.”

Mom was certainly being bold this evening. I would soon find out why.

Dad pulled up in front of my house as mom and I got off the phone.   Mom was very manic tonight and couldn’t get her words out fast enough.  She managed to tell me all about a book she was reading on the Third Reich in that short amount of time.  I told her to take a deep breath and slow down.

I then looked at Maggie who was sitting on the couch and said, “Papas coming!”

Maggie emitted a long, slow mournful whine and then my father knocked on my door.  Maggie started to bark loudly and jubilantly as I opened the door.  Maggie’s exuberance for my father’s arrival never gets old. She’s a loyal little companion who loves her family to the utmost.

No comments: