Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy Birthday Dearest Maggie!

Maggie breakfast[5] (1)If my memory serves me correctly, today was the day my father brought Maggie home to me seven years ago.  He had been walking out at the rest area on the interstate.  He heard whimpering coming from a trashcan he was passing.  He looked inside and there was a puppy someone had thrown away into the trash.  He picked her out of the trashcan and brought her to me.  She could fit in my father’s hand.  Mom named her Maggie as she traditionally names all our pets.  Maggie was anemic being eaten alive with fleas and needed to be inoculated and spayed.  We had her out at the Veterinarian the next day were they diligently worked to get all the fleas off.  She has been a wonderful little companion to me over these years. I always say that Maggie was the best thing my father has ever done for me and Charlie will say it, too. 

The Biscuit Bringer Has Come and Gone…

97da7a57351b6a4b605561b75474f6e7Charlie has come and gone for our Sunday morning biscuit ritual.  In the sack he gave me were two sausage and egg biscuits, some packets of mustard, and a hash brown.

“I’ll see you tonight,” Charlie said as Maggie barked over joyously.  “I love you, too, Maggie!”

I didn’t know he was here until I heard Maggie squeal and start barking.

I was just looking online and each sausage and egg biscuit has a whopping 510 calories. Ouch!  The hashbrown has a much more reasonable 150 calories. That makes this breakfast over a 1000 calories.  Looks like I won’t be eating lunch or supper tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the sodium content, too. YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Awww Happy Birthday, Maggie !!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Maggie!!