Saturday, June 20, 2015

Let Thou Eyeballs Roll Out of Thy Head…

contacts“You have been wearing your glasses all week,” mom said to me today. “Why aren’t you wearing your contacts?”

Mom spends about $165 dollars a month on my disposable contacts. I am supposed to change them after a few day’s use.  I am not supposed to sleep in them. They come in these two large boxes segregated in left and right.                                                 

“I’ve been bad about sleeping in them and I almost got an eye infection.  My left eye started to hurt and turned red,” I replied honestly to my mother. “It scared me and I took out the contacts and started wearing my glasses.  The infection cleared up.”

Well, mom has called me four times about those contacts today wondering if she needs to buy me more.  Dad laughed and laughed, and had warned me this would happen if she saw me with my glasses on for an extended time.

“You should’ve known it was going to throw up red flags for her,” he told me.  “It set off her OCD!”

I finally just told my mother not to order anymore – that I would just wear my glasses.  That seemed to calm her down and the calls have stopped.

Dad got the OCD treatment from my mother as well earlier in the week.  She’s always having accidents and has traditionally had a irritable bowel.  She’s also had a hundred procedures and tests and they can’t find anything wrong with her.  Dad told her to try that Activia yogurt to see if it helps.  Dad eats one every day.  Well, mom went out and bought 20 containers of the yogurt.  My father was flabbergasted.  He told my mother they were going to expire before she could eat them all.  I told him to give some to me.  I would eat them.  So, I came home today with six Activias along with todays sodas and Helen to-go plates.

1 comment:

amelia said...

I wish there was a 'like' button on your blog! Sometimes I enjoy reading, like this one, but there's really nothing to say!