Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Tendrils of Time…

mother_teresa_tout“Do you think I am like my mother?” my father sincerely asked me tonight as we sat on the couch.

Dad’s deceased mother is very heavily revered within our family.  I dare say to the lofty heights of a Mother Teresa.

“Very much so,” I replied willingly. “You put your grandchildren first and lavish them with love and affection.”

Dad handed me my handful of nightly crazy meds and I gulped them all down with a big swig of Sprite Zero.

“You did great with the kids today,” dad told me. “Charlie said you were going to be alright and I am beginning to believe him.”

I smiled as dad handed me two more Clonazepam and a Coureg – both for anxiety.

Dad left to go buy his household’s groceries.  I made sure to tell him that Maggie needed more kibble.  I escaped into my computer room with Maggie following right behind me for my nightly rituals.  Maggie jumped up on the bed and made herself comfortable.  My medications will take effect at 10:45pm.

Photo credit:    https://goodtimestories.wordpress.com/tag/mother-teresas-home-for-children/

No comments: