Friday, June 26, 2015

Coincidences of the Grateful Kind…

I drove over to my parent’s house to get my sodas a moment ago.  Mom didn’t leave my sodas out on the porch like she usually does which was very odd.  The whole situation was strange because the garage door to dad’s BMW was up.  I walked through the garage and climbed the steps to the second story of the house.

“Mom?” I said very loudly as I walked down the hall towards my mother’s bedroom.

“I’m in here,” mom said weakly from the front living room.

I could barely hear her.  I opened the door to the front living room and mom had fallen to the floor.  I rushed over to her and helped her get up.

“Are you okay?” I asked. “Do you have any broken bones?”

“My knee is bleeding,” mom told me, “but I think I am okay.  If you didn’t come along to help me up then I would’ve been in a mess.”

I stayed for a few moments to make sure my mother was okay.  She was walking fine in a few moments after getting up.  We bandaged her knee and then I reluctantly headed back home. 

“Helen will be here soon,” mom said. “I will be fine.  I will call you when Helen has your supper plate ready.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you got there when you did - I know your Mom is too. I hope she's okay. Terri

Berryvox said...

What Terri said! That's the one depressing thing about having aging parents. My mother's always had hip problems but she can't even kneel down to take care of the plants anymore. I'm constantly having to help her up.

Christina said...

Your dad wants her drugged up to control her but clearly they affect her. The amount of Xanax she takes is unhealthy. Please intervene and get her help.