Thursday, June 11, 2015

One of These Days…

image-18-biscuit-and-jamI am going to start sleeping like a normal person again.  I went to bed around midnight and was wide awake at 5am this morning.  I moaned as I got up and put some clothes on after fruitlessly trying to go back to sleep. I know I am probably going to be dead tired by noon.  I now know first hand what “The Homeless Guy” is feeling by not getting enough sleep.

Breakfast soon followed with me scrambling some cheese eggs and frying some bacon.   I got some frozen biscuits that were recommended by my father Tuesday night and they weren’t half bad.  I ate those with butter and strawberry preserves.  Maggie earnestly begged and begged, but I didn’t give her any people food.  I put some of her dog food in a paper bowl and set it on the floor next to me as I ate at the kitchen table.  Thankfully, she quickly ate all of it and wanted more which I obliged her by getting her another bowl full.  She ate that as well.  

Dad and I sat out on my screened in porch for the medication ritual last night.  It was a beautiful evening, if not a tad bit humid, and fireflies were everywhere.  The dusk cicadas were also singing their mournful songs.  It was still twilight at 9pm.  Dad was admonishing me for letting my house get in a more disordered state than usual. 

“Oh, you don’t even clean house either,” I told my father with a hearty scoff.  “You have hired help that does it for you.  If I had Helen, my house would be spotless as well.”

After my father had left, I got to cleaning up and organizing things.  The house looked much better when I went to bed.  The main room that needed the most attention was my computer room.  Clutter tends to build up in the place I spend the most time.  Sprite cans, candy wrappers, and computer software were strewed everywhere.  The software went on a shelf and the rest went in the trash.

Photo credit:  http://southbyse.com/2012/04/16/strawberry-lemon-thyme-jam/

No comments: