Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Sunday Morning Arrival of Charlie…

computer monitors

Yes, today is biscuit day and I am especially hungry.  I almost thought of cancelling biscuit day for me since I am on a diet and Maggie no longer gets a biscuit.  Those biscuits are so calorie loaded.  Well, I decided I can treat myself once a week.  I am especially keen on getting that giant Coca-Cola without ice.  The only time I get caffeine these days is once a week now with Charlie’s Coke he brings me.  He asked me a few weeks ago if I would like orange juice or a soda, and I said soda.

This morning I have been working on getting all four of my computer monitors hooked up to my computers and working.  Both computers now have extended desktops.  Dad calls this my command center in my computer room. My brother calls it the bunker. I need to do more neatening and straightening, though.  It is kind of in a mess at the moment with wires and cords running everywhere.   That’s where zip ties come in handy. 

The Charles Meister Has Left the Premises…

Charlie gave me a big hug this morning as I told him happy father’s day.  Maggie was going nuts to see him so Charlie stepped inside to pet her.

“You know you are like my second father,” I told him.

“What do you want for supper?” Charlie then asked.

“Just get me whatever is easiest on you,” I replied.

“Charlie?” I then asked as he walked to his car. “Get me the grilled chicken and a diet Coke instead of sweet tea.”

Charlie replied that he could already tell that I’ve lost a few pounds.  My scales show it as well.

No comments: