Thursday, June 25, 2015

Unfortunately, You Get What You Pay For…

Rita said…

I am interested in the Dell computer that your dad purchased recently. Is it a desktop or a laptop? Can you tell me a little about it? For someone who does lots of word processing, photographs, etc., do you think it would be worth it? I am interested in where he purchased it and if I might be able to buy it locally in Denver.

Dell-Inspiron-3000-640x353Rita, this is what my father bought:  Dell $299.99 desktop.   He bought it from Dell online and had it shipped to his house.  I haven’t used it so I couldn’t really say how good of a computer it is.  My father seems happy with it.  Most times, though, you get what you pay for when it comes to computers. 

My big beef with this computer is that it only has 4 GB of memory.  I would, at least, upgrade it to 8 GB of memory.  I would also upgrade the 500 GB hard drive to at least 1 terabyte.  The processor is also dubious.  They say a four core processor comes with it, but they don’t say what type.  I would, at least, get a quad core i5 processor. 

1 comment:

Rita said...

Thank you for the information about your dad's computer and what you think of the basics of it.