Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Muddle in the Middle…

544I spent $83 dollars last night grocery shopping. Gasp!  I was surprised when my father didn’t say a word about it. He just smiled at the clerk and swiped the debit card to my disability account as he entered the PIN number.  $85 dollars is my theoretical limit, but my father prefers I keep it in the sixties and the seventies dollar wise.  One of these days, I am going to have enough money to spend whatever I want on groceries.

I was out of everything, though, this week.  Especially my coveted and cherished breakfast foods. I also got enough fixings to make spaghetti and meat sauce twice this week.  It seems I am obsessed with that dish.  My recipe makes enough to feed an army.  Surprisingly, Maggie will not eat spaghetti with meat sauce.  I assume it is all the tomatoes, but she will turn up her nose to it.  I’ve seriously, honestly been trying to wean her off people food, but it is tough.  She can do some hardcore vocal begging and she constantly watches as I come out of the kitchen to see if I am eating something. 

I’m back to sleeping at night and staying up all day.  It has been a rough transition let me tell you.  I feel tired all the time.   Midnight will roll around and I will make myself get off the computer and go lay down after turning down the thermostat to get it cool in the house. Maggie thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread my going to bed at a decent time. She will get on the bed and curl up next to me after a round of nightly preening. Last night, she was trying to lick my hair – Maggie’s version of a salon appointment.  I giggled like a little school girl and made her quit by pushing her farther down on the bed.

The only thing on the agenda today is fixing dad’s headlight on his Honda CR-V. One of the bulbs is blown and he fears a ticket from the police. He also had trouble driving home from Kroger last night having to use his high beams when he could.   I am going to AutoZone to buy a new bulb and install it. Dad is going to pick me up around 11am and we are going to grab some lunch after I fix the bulb. My father is dubious as to how easy it is to install.  He thinks we need to take it to a mechanic. I assured him it will take me five minutes to change it and it will save him at least $20 to $40 dollars by doing it ourselves. 

Photo credit:  http://tuffkidsadventure.com/how-to-make-spaghetti-with-meat-sauce/

2 comments:

Christina said...

Maybe this list of people food dogs can eat will be helpful:

http://pets.webmd.com/ss/slideshow-people-foods-your-dog-can-eat

diana said...

Aye, or this one.
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2111&aid=143
My mum gives her dog a chew bone when she begs for people food.
It took her 6 months to break the begging habit and a 700$ vet bill
to cure the skin allergy.