Friday, June 12, 2015

Sleep! Blissful Sleep!

My father was early for the medication ritual last night arriving around 8:30pm.  Maggie and I were both extremely overjoyed.  We once again sat out on my screened in porch to administer my medications.  Thunderstorms were all around us and the outflow boundaries of those storms created a wonderfully cool breeze outside last night.  I downed my medications all at once with a swig of Sprite Zero.

“I’m giving you ten more dollars a week spending money,” my father told me.

“What brought this about?” I asked with a Cheshire grin.

I was just tickled pink.

“You’ve done so well lately that I think you deserve it and can handle the responsibility.”

Dad left and I spent a few hours on the computer growing more and more sleepy as the minutes passed.  I fell asleep in the bed at 11pm and didn’t wake up until 7am this morning.   I was just overjoyed when I looked at my alarm clock this morning realized I slept for so long.  I finally got eight hours of blissful sleep!

Mom just called me and asked what day it was and what time it was again.  Mom is going through a hard time right now.

“You go get your hair fixed at one,” I told her. “You go back to sleep.  I will call you in three hours to make sure you are up and going.”

Surprise!  It is Mother!


Moments after initially publishing this post, I was sitting here at this computer when I heard a car horn and Maggie started yelping and squealing gleefully meaning a family member was here.  It was mom.  I worriedly walked out to her car to see what she was doing. I expected the worst.   The car was still rolling as she tried to get out of it.

“Put your car in park,” I exclaimed to mom quickly.

She laughed and the car jerked to a stop.

“Let’s go get you that game you are wanting,” she said.

So, I drove us to Wal-Mart, got mom in a wheelchair, and headed for the electronics department.  They had one copy of World of Warcraft left for $19.97.

“Is that what you want?” mom asked me and I said yes. “That doesn’t cost very much.”

It was an excellent time to go as the store was pretty much empty at 9am. 

“You hungry?  Do you want a biscuit from McDonald’s?” I asked my mother as we headed out of Wal-Mart’s parking lot.

We stopped at Mickey D’s drive-thru and I got us both a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and a small coffee.  Mom relished the breakfast.

“This was a good idea,” she said to me.

1 comment:

small said...

These are the little moments in your relationship with your mother that really matter. Cherish them while you still have them. <3