Saturday, June 13, 2015

Just Me, Bored and Rambling…

I checked in with my parent’s this afternoon.  Dad was furiously cleaning house my mother said and my mother was sitting on the couch, drinking a diet Sunkist, and watching The Inspirational Channel.  I wanted to know my father’s wine situation which would dictate how late the medication ritual would occur.  Dad always has a few glasses of wine and falls asleep in his recliner often not waking up for hours. Mom’s afraid to wake him and send him my way.   The cleaning bodes promising for no wine imbibing. 

“You’re not watching any preaching are you?” I asked my mother curiously.

“I am hoping Walker: Texas Ranger comes on,” my irreligious mother replied.

I was watching that channel yesterday for a few moments and a preacher was wanting you to “sow a $1000 seed”.  I was hoping to watch The Walton's as mom told me that show airs on that channel.   I didn’t watch for long and headed back to the computer.  I certainly don’t have a thousand dollars to sow and it seemed rather preposterous to me that someone would do that.

Maggie is being antisocial today.  Well, actually, she is just enjoying the coldest room in the house which is the den.  I noticed her curled up on the couch as I passed the den to the kitchen to get some more ice water.  Usually, she is in whatever room I am in and that usually means on the bed with me at the computer.

It has been a week since Maggie’s had any people food and you can already tell her allergies are clearing up.   I know.  I know.  I deserved a big “I Told YOU So!”  She ate a big bowl of her kibble this morning as I was cooking breakfast.  She begged for some bacon a little bit, but it wasn’t with the zest she normally does.  She did look up at me to see if I was carrying any food, though, when I came out of the kitchen with my ice water.

I keep watching for storms today.  All the action is in south and west Alabama with storm warnings posted.  It doesn’t look like we are going to get any rain or thunder this evening.  That makes me sad, but I will get over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sent you a message and friend request on Facebook, didn't hear from you, which is cool as I am a stranger to you. I was VERY happy to see your link on Annabel's blog so I could continue to follow you. Glad to catch up with you and Maggie. I wanted to let you know that your last 4-5 posts were great! I'm sure that I can speak for many of your readers who have followed you for a long time: we love to read about the goodies you get from Helen, your family, Maggie's barking and sleeping, and your grocery store trips. Your blog, when just telling us about your day, is FAR from boring.

small said...

SO glad to hear that Maggie is feeling better! The food thing seems to be working!

I agree with Anonymous, above. The things you are writing about now are the very things that make you so special. It's far from boring. It's great!