Monday, June 15, 2015

A Morning Bath Courtesy of Maggie…

I was very abruptly woken at 7am when I realized Maggie was determinedly licking my forehead and hair.   I giggled like a little school girl and pushed Maggie away as I told her to quit.  I had one hell of a cowlick above my forehead. My hair was wet enough were I immediately took a hot shower to get out all that yucky dog saliva.  I read somewhere the other day online how pet owners who live alongside their pets share their pet’s “biome” or bacterial diversity. 

I then got dressed and ambled into the kitchen as Maggie got off the bed and happily followed me.  I just didn’t feel like cooking this morning so I warmed up a big bowl of leftover spaghetti and meat sauce which was quite delicious I might add.   I sat at the kitchen table while I read some blogs and websites on my iPad and ate my “breakfast”.  Maggie got a fresh bowl of kibble put on the floor by my side which she daintily devoured.  Maggie begged a little, but I think she is finally getting the hint.  No more people food!

My only plans for the day are to get some more Energizer rechargeable batteries for my digital camera,  fill up my car with gas, and buy groceries tonight.  The last time I put gas in my car was the week before my father left for his two week trip to Europe.  That shows you how little I drive.  I am definitely a homebody these days – just my daily 5 mile drive to get my sodas and an occasional trip to Fred’s Super Dollar Store.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is Maggie?

Andrew said...

Maggie is about 6 or 7 years old now.

Billy said...

I do believe you are mistaken on Maggie's age. You had her in December of 2006 and I believe she was already at least a year or two old. She should be closer to 10 years old, right?