Saturday, June 13, 2015

Eight Hours of Sleep and then Another Nap?

grilling-hamburgersI slept all night once again, but I still felt tired this morning.  Sleeping at night has been a rough transition.  Maggie got on the bed with me and we both went sound asleep again a few hours ago.  The phone woke me or I would have slept all day.  It was Charlie.

“Do you want ketchup and mustard on your burgers?” Charlie asked me. “I grilled burgers this afternoon.”

“I would appreciate it,” I said as I then fawned all over Charlie for thinking of me.  “I don’t have any ketchup or mustard here at the house.”

“Janice made some potato salad and I am bringing you two pieces of chocolate pie,” Charlie replied. “Do you want potato chips?”

I am so spoiled rotten by my family and Charlie at times.   Mom had called me earlier saying there is still lots of steak left from Helen grilling yesterday.  I drove over and got a plate of ribeyes and two baked potatoes.  It seems I rotate from feast to famine many times. 

Before Charlie got off the phone, I told him about dad and I both saying this was the best haircut he had ever given me.

“We won’t let your hair get so long next time,” Charlie told me in closing.

“Love you,” Charlie said and I said, “bye Charlie.”

Ms. Maggie will be thrilled to death when Charlie pulls up in front of my house.

Photo credit:  http://www.knuj.net/2014/05/grilled-hamburgers/

No comments: