Monday, June 29, 2015

Mr. Early Arrives to Our Surprise…

I was laying on the bed giving Maggie some affection and attention when there was a loud knock on the front door.  I looked at the clock and it read 8:20pm.  I thought it was someone wanting to cut my grass before dark fell.  It was my father and Maggie didn’t even get a chance to perform her usual revelry.  She was caught off guard.

“Let’s go grocery shopping tomorrow night,” dad said after we sat down on my couch. “I want to go home early.  I barely made it through work today.”

I was fine with that.  I didn’t much want to go through that whole rigmarole myself tonight.  The worst part of buying groceries for me is unloading them when I get home and putting them away.

“I am getting in my recliner with a cold diet Coke and watching what your mother calls the Hitler channel,” dad told me as he handed me my crazy meds. 

I chuckled as I gulped down all 12 pills in one swallow.  The Hitler channel or History channel as it is more commonly called will put my mother to sleep on the couch.  I personally enjoy seeing shows about the Luftwaffe – the German air force.  

So, I’ve got some water beginning to warm on the stove and we are going to have some condensed chicken noodle soup and garlicky breadsticks for supper.  Maggie’s now out in the backyard venting her vicious frustrations for the evening.  Something or someone has got her knickers in a complete twist.

To the Bookstore We Go…

Mom just called me and wants me to take her to the bookstore in Auburn tomorrow.  I look forward to spending some quality time with the Matriarch of the family and it will be like old times.  We are leaving at 10am.  I am also getting another 3 month game time card for WarCraft.  She is trying to get up enough books to last until my father arrives back home from driving one of my brother’s car from San Diego she said.  My father leaves Thursday.

No comments: