Tuesday, June 09, 2015

A Very, Very Busy Day…

world-of-warcraft-charactersI had a psychiatrist’s appointment yesterday at lunch.  I had been dreading it for days.  Dad had a lot on the agenda and was worried I couldn’t handle it all as we headed to Auburn.

“We can give it my best try,” I said nervously unsure of myself.

So the head shrink appointment was first. We didn’t have to wait long thankfully. My biggest pet peeve is doctors who are not on time. The doctor tried to change my medications and my father immediately intervened.  He wanted to take me off my nightly dose of Risperdal.  Dr. Edwards acquiesced and wrote the prescription.  

wow-us-60-actual-card-290wThen, we went to Best Buy so I could get a World of WarCraft two month game time card which was $29.99.  We then went to Lowes to look for some flower pots my father had been needing.  Next was lunch at Western Sizzlin.  I got a delicious 14oz flamekist ribeye steak and a salad with lots of croutons, bacon bits, and just drenched in blue cheese dressing like I like it.  Next, we went to WOW! to get my father a new digital cable box.  Our last stop was to get our car tags renewed.  My very last task was to hook up my parent’s new cable box and get them back online.  Boy, was I tired and pooped out.

Well, I came home and completely crashed in the bed after all that.  Dad arrived at my house ready to go buy groceries around 9pm and I was far too groggy to go so we are going tonight. We performed our nightly medication and Maggie rituals and I crashed in the bed again.  Dad did run down to McDonald’s and got me three quarter pounders with cheese so I would have something to eat other than dog food.  lol

Photo credit:   http://weeklyups.com/blizzard-denies-a-free-version-of-world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-characters/

8 comments:

amelia said...

Thank Goodness for this and thank you for giving me the link!! I was all out of sorts without you to read this morning!!
Please don't go away again!!
Jenny
xoxo

Gin said...

Thanks for bringing me along for the ride. :) You comment about having something to eat other than dog food made me laugh...at me, not you. Just yesterday I was wondering what my cat's food tastes like. I had opened a can that had meat and greens and gravy, and it actually looked appetizing. No, I didn't try it...but I was tempted.

Tee said...

Yes, thank you for the invitation!

Doctors must think our time is not valuable.

Berryvox said...

Thank you for the invite! I'm so glad you kept on blogging.

Also, I know what you mean about late doctors. I once had a doctor be over an hour late. That's just ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

You mean the past is gone forever? I can never go back and laugh at George and Pookie? That will be hard cuz I do read the old stuff. But I love you and will trek on.....

diana said...

Thanks Andrew for the URL. I'm glad you've decided to continue blogging.

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of my Mother. Altho not well educated, she was a reader (this was before internet, of course). She would read up on drugs and then, at my appt, give the doc all the reasons this one would be the one to cure me. And the doc, who had been to school for 12 years, would always do it. And I was always surprised.

Now, I have my ideas. She was the one who wrote the check. Years later, my father in law did the same thing. Any time he wanted to see my hubs confidential doctors records, he'd go to the docs office with a check book.

I wish you could take care of yourself better. But then, I wish that for all of us. I love you!

Rita said...

I think this is a smart thing to do! I thought that the haters were still spewing, but you were not publishing their junk. No one needs it.

Thank you for including me.

I hope you have a great day!