Saturday, June 27, 2015

Poor Wonky Me!

Kotlet-schabowyI woke up at 6:45am with an awful headache.  I never get headaches, but this one was a bugger. I felt like I had a night out drinking and was sobering up.   I took three Excedrin which have caffeine in them and soon went back to bed after playing WarCraft for an hour.  I chalked it up to a caffeine deficiency headache. 

11pm rolled around and I was still laying in the bed as Maggie groomed herself noisily next to me – a lot of grunts and snorting going on as she digged at her cooties.  I begrudgingly got up and put on some clothes.  Luckily, my headache was mostly gone, but I was still feeling a little wonky. 

I headed straight to the kitchen as soon as I had gotten woke up good.  My beloved cold pizza awaited me in a box.  I tell you and I am not exaggerating that Johnny’s pizza has to be some of the best pizza in the South.  I felt much better with something on my stomach although it was terrible for my diet.  Sometimes, you just have to revel in defeat and not victory.  I have lost 5 pounds to my credit.

I then called mom to see if she would put out my Helen to-go plates along with my sodas.  The drive to my parent’s house was quick and painless – no traffic to contend with.  I greedily grabbed my armful of drinks and containers of food, and then headed home. Helen had cooked fried pork cutlets, spinach and sliced boiled eggs,  cut lake green beans, deviled eggs, cornbread, and yellow corn niblets.  As you can see, it is not very photogenic, but it tasted delicious.

Photo credit:  http://www.everywherefare.com/kotlet-schabowy-polish-breaded-pork-cutlets/

001

No comments: