Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why Do Things Slip Up On Me?

Dad called me bright and early at eight this morning and said my injection was today.  Luckily, I was already up and going and had just had a hot shower.  It was like a jolt to my system as I wasn’t expecting it. I had to be at Kamath Medical at nine.  It also explains why I was having such a rough afternoon yesterday – not able to concentrate and feeling just plain bad, irritated and agitated.  I drove to the pharmacy to get the injection and then to Kamath Medical were, thankfully, I didn’t have to wait long at all.  My gorgeous nurse, Adia, gave me my shot and I was on my way with a new appointment card.  I dropped the appointment card off to my father and headed home hoping that I will feel better today.  I am waiting for that moment of euphoria I get just a few hours after my injection.  I love feeling abnormal in a good way, thus my struggle with addictions over all these years.

New Diet…

Breakfast-Choices-That-You-Should-Say-No-ToI determinedly started a new diet yesterday.  I have gained twenty pounds since this time last year and all my clothes are tight.  I was aghast when my nurse weighed me during my last visit to get my injection.  Last night, during shopping, I got Milo’s diet tea sweetened with Splenda instead of my usual regular Milo’s sweet tea.  I was drinking four gallons of that sweet tea a week and I hope the diet tea will make a big difference calorie wise.  I also didn’t get any of my breakfast foods which were where a large amount of where my calories ingested come from.  I am just going to forego breakfast for awhile and see how I do. 

Dad and I got caught by Jermaine again last night.  He talked both our heads off.  I remember him saying he swam one hundred laps at the pool yesterday.  There is no way Jermaine swam a hundred laps as big and overweight as he is.

“He’s just like a pest,” my father told me callously with a chuckle as we escaped to go check out.

I chuckled as well.   Jermaine can be pretty aggravating.  He seems to shop on Monday nights like dad and I do. 

I did manage to get batteries for my digital camera.  Usually, I get caught up in food shopping and forget.  My total shopping expenditures were $61 dollars last night since I didn’t buy all my breakfast foods.  For once, my father was worried I didn’t spend enough instead of being elated.

Well, let’s go get some ground chuck browning and get a pot of spaghetti meat sauce simmering.  Lunch is just around the corner.

Photo credit: http://www.diyhomethings.com/15-breakfast-choices-that-you-should-say-no-to/

2 comments:

Berryvox said...

I don't know. Swimming's probably one of the easiest exercises for an overweight person to do. If he took enough breaks, he could probably do it. But, yeah, he was probably exaggerating. lol.

Beth said...

Actually, breakfast is an important meal to eat. Cutting back on the sugary stuff will help and also on the fast food. Some exercise would go a long way towards helping you maintain a good weight too. Just a suggestion....I remember the summer heat there.