Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Well Traveled Andrew…

world-of-warcraft-wow-dvarfMy injection of Risperdal Consta was at 9am this morning.  Dad woke me up at 1am last night with a phone call to remind me.  He had almost forgotten as well.  The injection went without a hitch and I feel better today – more of my old self. It was just a little painful.

My nurse, Adia, was super nice as always bless her sweet little heart.  She is such a very pretty lady.  She was telling me that my mother had taught her in school and that she had graduated high school with my sister. 

“I’m a Lanett girl born and bred,” she told me with a warm smile.

Mom was waiting on me when I arrived home. She had let herself in with her key. She was bragging on me about how clean my house was.  Especially the bathroom.   I had to take her to the Books-a-Million in Auburn.  It was fixing to get very stormy so I told her we had to hurry lest we get caught in a mess.  We also got me a game time card for Warcraft at Best Buy which now gives me 4 months of game play.  My first free month is almost over.

Our last stop was Sonic for chocolate shakes.  I threw caution to the wind and we both got two large chocolate shakes and sat in the parking lot drinking them. Mom and I are both supposed to be on a diet.  The shakes were completely divine.

I then heard thunder in the distance and we quickly got on the road aka the interstate.  We just narrowly escaped a big storm as we sped up the highway at a careless 80 mph.  Mom’s car may just be a lowly Honda Civic, but that car will scoot. It began to sprinkle as soon as I pulled up in front of my house and gave the reigns to my mother. 

My injection makes me very drowsy the day I get it and I crashed in the bed for many hours.  I woke up and it was 6:30pm tonight. Le sigh!  I hope I fall sleep at my usual 11pm time.

Now, we have to go buy groceries.  Dad will probably be here around 8:30pm for that endeavor.  It is going to be a Marie Callender’s and bologna sandwich themed night tonight. I’m tired of cooking and cleaning up after it to be honest.

No comments: