Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I Know Y’all Don’t Believe Me, But…

batshit_crazy_canvas_lunch_bagBy this time of day, 24 hours from my last dosages of psych meds, I am struggling as my medications wane from the medication ritual the night before which was at 7pm.  I feel panicky and uneasy right now waiting on mom to bring my Mexican dinner.  My mind is racing at 100mph. I hate to think of crossing the yard and the social interaction involved.  I know I will have a pained look on my face and mom will ask me what’s wrong. I will probably pour my heart out to her and worry her.  She, of all people, understands me.

My father had to work all day today so thankfully that means he will be here a little earlier around 8:45pm tonight.  The pharmacy closes at 7pm.  He will call me on the drive to my house to make sure I am up and going as I have been known to conch out in the interim of his arrival.  I look forward to getting that call knowing help is on the way.  In a few hours, I will be able to rest and relax for another day.

Photo credit: http://www.cafepress.com/+health-schizophrenia+gifts

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Is there any way your medication can be spaced out during the day instead of all in one dose once a day? Or what if you took it in the morning so all day you'd be fine then when you start feeling ill in the evening you can go to bed...