Sunday, July 12, 2015

St. Louis Bound…

st.louis skyline at nightI just talked to my father.  They were a hundred miles outside of St. Louis where they will be visiting a cousin of mine (Clifford the Third or C3 as we affectionately call him) once they arrive in town.

Mom and I both agree it will be good to get them home.  I think the travelers are getting weary of the road as well.  Dad sounded very haggard over the phone as if his patience had run out.

“It feels like they have been gone a month,” my mother told me on the phone a moment ago.

I agreed with mom.  It does seem like forever.  

My sister is bringing her kids to see me this afternoon.  So I have been scrambling to get the house presentable and clean – sweeping floors and such.  My sister keeps her house in immaculate condition on top of her busy schedule as a doctor.

Photo Credit: http://www.capintlcomm.com/

No comments: