Tuesday, July 07, 2015

The Day of the Doctor…

hes-dead-jimCan you feel the tension in the air?  It’s palpable for me.  Andrew is going to the doctor today when Andrew really doesn’t like going to doctors period. They always find other things wrong with me rather than the real reason I went. 

“Oh, we are going to have to amputate your foot,” is what I expect to hear. “That, or at least take a few toes for good measure.”

I do hope Dr. Martin doesn’t mention that dirty word called surgery.

My foot is feeling much better this morning.  I can now walk on it without shards of pain seemingly ripping through it. It is now just sore.  Mom just called and told me she would pick me up at 3:30pm for a 4pm appointment.  My mother lives and thrives for this type of stuff – old fuss and feathers that she is. She gets all giddy when she calls to make appointments in true secretarial fashion.

Charlie left me a care package outside the front door this morning.  Maggie’s squealing woke me up. He brought Maggie and I sausage biscuits from McDonald’s.  There was also one of those gigantic Cokes he loves to get me.

Photo Credit:  https://spiritualmusclehead.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/hes-dead-jim/

4 comments:

Kran's Crackers said...

Seems like if it feels better, it must be improving. I hope you feel much better soon.

Sharon H

Berryvox said...

They gave me the option of surgery when I broke my elbow. I went for it and I think it probably healed a lot better than it would've if I didn't get the surgery and just let it heal naturally. So, if it comes down to that (which it probably won't), you can always say no. On the other hand, getting surgery wasn't that big a deal. Especially since Medicare paid for it and I didn't have to. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, I hope you get a good report today at the doctor's office (ie no surgery needed, healing well on its own). Take care - Terri

Michelle said...

Good luck today!