Monday, July 06, 2015

Of Sodas and Tales of Woebegone…

Mom called me very bright and early this morning.  She apologized for waking me up, but I’ve been awake since 6am. I got out of the bed that early much to Maggie’s dismay. Maggie immediately got in the warm spot I left in the bed.

“I’ve got you a doctor’s appointment at 4pm tomorrow to go see Dr. Martin,” she told me.

I kidded my mother about her crush and infatuation with regards to that doctor..

“I can still window-shop,” she replied defensively.

“Mom?” I asked with deep furrows in my brow. “What are we going to do about grocery day?”

“You can get one of those motorized carts and I will help get your groceries in the basket.”

Well, that certainly put a dent in my pride and manhood.

Charlie brought my sodas this morning on his way to work.  Charlie and Mom have really rallied the troops around me.  I am in able hands to be sure.

“How are you feeling today?” my mother then asked me.

“I can walk a little bit without my crutches this morning without excruciating pain,” I told her. “That’s got to be a good sign.”

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Better to get it looked at by a doctor...hope nothing serious.....