Thursday, June 28, 2018

A Mission of Mercy…

lincoln continental“Charlie?” I asked this afternoon over the phone in between thunder claps. “How would I go about getting Jermaine’s home phone number?”

Charlie can be so hard to talk to over the phone at times. I was in phone phobia mode today anyway and it was trying to scuttle my efforts.

“Dial 411 and ask for the number of a Jermaine B---k that lives in our town,” Charlie said. “That would be the best bet. B---k is Jermaine's last name.”

I dial 411 and the lady gives me the home phone number for a Jermaine B---k in our town. By this time, my phone phobias are already supremely reeling. I am going to call that number and see if I can get Jermaine tomorrow. I’ve done enough today. I want to look at his car and see if his engine is really locked up or he just needs a new radiator. Jermaine is learning and mentally impaired and may not quite be diagnosing his car correctly. I could put a new radiator in his car.

My only other option was to hang out in Kroger’s parking lot tonight around nine and wait for him to arrive. I think he goes up there about every night at the same time. It is his social outlet.

I was so lucky to get basically a brand new car that I want to pay it forward and help out a friend in need. 

2 comments:

glittermom said...

That’s very nice of you. Too bad everyone doesn’t have that attitude.

Sharyn said...

Pay it forward, my love!