Friday, June 01, 2018

VISITORS!!!

That’s what Maggie seemed to be saying when Charlie and my father pulled up in front of the house in the white truck. She was putting on a grand show! It does my heart good.

“What are you two doing?” I said now standing on the front stoop with my hands on my hips ever curious.

“We are delivering your daddy’s broken TV to see if you can tinker with it and get it working,” Charlie told me.

“It was Charlie’s idea,” dad said loudly.

I had a few tricks up my sleeve I wanted to try on that nice large Samsung widescreen television.

“If you get it working, it is yours, but I am going to be mad as hell I had to buy a new television,” my father told me as they both precariously carried that 45 inch television across the yard.

“The sound is working,” Charlie said. “You can tune it to a channel, but you do not get a picture.”

“I’ll see what I can do with it,” I said wringing my hands in sheer delight and absolute contentment.

There could be no telling what dad pressed on that remote to cause this to happen. I just hope I don’t get electrocuted in the process.  I will scour the web to see if people have had similar problems and what their solutions were.

No comments: