Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Feeder’s Club Local 36801…

Chick-Fil-AThe phone began to ring and I hurried inside to answer it. I almost didn’t hear it at first. The wind was just howling outside. 

“Just what are you two doing?” Charlie loudly asked me over the phone when I answered.

Maggie and I had been sitting on the porch awaiting some storms to arrive. I had my tablet computer and was checking the radar with it periodically. The storms bypassed us, by the way, much to my chagrin.

“I’ve got you three Chick-fil-a sandwiches and a big Coke,” Charlie said. “I will be there in five minutes.”

Charlie arrived and came inside for a little while. Maggie was in ecstasy at this unannounced visit. Charlie was joking and laughing and so jovial in general. It lightened all our moods. Especially my disappointment over the storms fizzling out

“Now, I’ve got to go to the dentist tomorrow morning and then I am bringing you and Maggie breakfast biscuits and hash browns around ten. You’ll get a big Coke as well.”

I couldn’t thank Charlie nearly enough. This was such a nice surprise this afternoon and will be a nice diversion in the morning as well.

Bless Maggie’s heart. She gets so tired of that dogfood and wolfed down one of those Chick-fil-a sandwiches or should I say inhaled it then spit out the pickles.

No comments: