Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Immediate Needs…

Maggie Tuckered OutSometimes you just need your back scratched, a fresh bowl of nibbles and water, and a nap. That’s were Maggie and I found ourselves this morning. I got on the floor by her side and scratched every corner and crevice that bothers Maggie. Then we got a fresh bowl of cool water and a bowl of fresh nibbles. Maggie was in ecstasy. She is now laying at my feet asleep satiated as I type this. I am having to be careful not to wake her, but I feel my bladder will be soon calling after all the cold water I have drank this morning.

I am not much unlike Maggie in a lot of ways. I need my crazy meds at noon. A peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwich followed by a cold glass of sweet milk. Then we will lay down for a long afternoon nap with the air conditioner turned down a few degrees so it gets nice and cool in here. Guess who usually wakes me up? Yes, Maggie. She gets lonely and we have a house to guard and pedestrians to carefully watch.

Oh dear! The meter reader, Maggie’s arch nemesis, just walked into the yard. I wonder if she will sense his presence like the force in Star Wars. (Moments later she is now in the backyard barking maniacally and viciously. So much for tranquility.)

No comments: