Saturday, June 23, 2018

Sad News Today…

They found my cousin Evelyn in the front yard dead yesterday. It shocked me to the core. She was just 44 years old. Apparently she was going to get the mail and collapsed in the yard and died. A massive brain aneurism is the preliminary cause of death. She was an entomologist and barely escaped with her doctorate at Auburn University when early onset schizophrenia hit (it unfortunately runs in the family). Dad is in Prattville, Alabama with the family as I write this. He left very early this morning as it is a rather long drive. I called him this morning and got the news. Dad always liked to brag that Evelyn knew the scientific name of every butterfly that frequented the South and she surely did. She always was extremely nerdy. She never married or had any kids.

8 comments:

Jane said...

I bet that was shocking news!
Why do good, productive, people always die so young?
Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss, Andrew.

Sharyn said...

Sorry for your family's loss!

Rita said...

That is shocking news! Sorry for your loss!

glittermom said...

Always a shock when someone dies that young unexpectantly. . Is that your fathers sister?

Summer said...

I'm sorry Andrew.

Sharyn said...

Glittermom, by the clues, I would say this was Dad's favorite niece! I would have loved to have met her! I am interested in any thing that grows native to the south east. (Her butterflies and bugs, I wasn't referring to her! lol)

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Sorry for your family's loss.

PipeTobacco

Christina said...

My condolences, Jonathon. What a sad loss. :(