Monday, June 04, 2018

Show Your Support for the Colonel…

1200px-KFC_logo.svg_-e1516964632523I was feeling lonely yesterday afternoon so I asked my father if I could ride with them to get our KFC supper. I thought it would be an interesting experience and it was.

“Sure,” he said. “We will pick you up at eight.”

We didn’t have to wait long in line at the KFC. They were quick with our order. Dad and Charlie also knew everyone who worked there and they talked and talked and bantered back and forth through the drive thru window. Charlie handed me my piping hot pot pies and put Horsefly’s chicken strips forefront on the dash.

“That means you are showing public support for the Colonel!” I quipped to Charlie.

Charlie and dad got to laughing and Charlie told me shut up playfully.

“Oh shut up, Andrew!” he said chuckling.

Charlie wanted to show me his new chimney caps at his new house so we swung by there. They were some nice and what I assume ceramic chimney caps. We then had to run by the river house and check the water level. Everything looked fine. The river house has really come a long way!

I found myself in front of my house no worse for wear. We all had to come inside to see Maggie who abounded with playful energy and sheer joy. Dad also wanted to see my kitchen cabinets as I had cleaned them out yesterday afternoon. He was pleased and I now have plenty of kitchen counter space with all my groceries put away. 

Charlie, of course, had to gather all my empty milk cartons and trash. I called myself Charlie proofing the kitchen, but he still found something to do.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Love to see you get out once in awhile! They say anxiety lessens with age....lol