Saturday, June 16, 2018

It is Time for Another Volunteer Position…

I’ve decided this morning I am going to volunteer again. I am going to drive down to the Humane Society and see if they need any volunteers this afternoon. I have far too much time on my hands and they say that is the devil’s work. Hopefully, they will be glad to have a helping hand to clean and do odd jobs around the place. I’m dependable. I will work hard and be down there everyday when they open in the morning. I just hope they don’t tell me no. I’ve kind of got my heart set on it already. If the Humane Society doesn’t need me, then I am going to try the Literacy Volunteers of America and The Salvation Army. I’ve already called Goodwill and they said they don’t take volunteers which I thought was odd.

Getting Mom’s Car Monday (Fingers Crossed)

Dad just called me and told me Matt’s, the pharmacy’s computer guru’s, car died so we are giving him my car Monday. I will finally be getting my mother’s car which is still basically brand new. It has 42,000 miles on the clock. Mom drove like a little old lady. It has been garaged all this time.

“You better be getting excited,” my father told me this morning to my blasé response.

“I can’t,” I replied bluntly. “I’ve been let down so many times.”

5 comments:

glittermom said...

Good for you. I’m sure any animal shelter would be glad for your help. Don’t try to do it everyday. Start slow with a couple days a week.

glittermom said...

Make sure you get the car before you give yours up. I though you father was getting stuff done on her car before turning it over. Sorry I dint trust your father. I’d hate to see you carless. Hope it all works out.

skinny minny said...

I agree make sure you get the car before giving yours up.
I also think that volunteering everyday might be a bit much. Start with one or two days a week. I think it would give you something to do a purpose for getting up and going. Night time is bad for depression the sun goes down and so does the mood. Hang in there.

Summer said...

I'm glad you told your father that!

I'm happy to hear that you want to volunteer. If the Humane Society doesn't have volunteer positions, ask Maggie's vet if they know of any shelters or rescues that need help. Around here, there are many. Good Luck!

Sharyn said...

More than likely, you will be a Hugger! You walk all the dogs and cuddle all the cats! I did that for awhile and it was so rewarding, esp for the mentally interesting days. On those, you go in, kinda wave as you walk by the humans (no convo nec, you might even warn them), and straight into the cat room (pref puppy room if they have one) and lay down on the floor. Let the cuteness happen!! So hard to be depressed with puppies snuggling you!! Good for you! I was hoping you would get back out there, slowly.

Really, he has promised Miss Martha's car to you before. What if he gives yours away and you are left, even temporarily as a joke, without a car! Do you still have that bicycle?

Maybe this is really for real this time. It's a happy day, Andrew! Enjoy it!! You do deserve one so much! (Go get them puppies!!!!!)