Friday, June 15, 2018

Lover, Beloved: Songs from an Evening with Carson McCullers…

A1JDa x8ZlL._SY355_My ex-wife wrote her dissertation on Carson McCullers and had me proofread it. I instantly fell in love with her and her idiosyncrasies. She was born and raised in Columbus, Georgia just down the road from me. Her main claim to fame was the book The Heart is a Lonely Hunter about a group of misfits in the South. Imagine my joy and excitement when a favorite singer and songwriter of mine wrote an album about her. Yes, Suzanne Vega wrote an album and a play about Carson McCullers. I have listened to it so many times I am about tired of it. Read up on Carson and check out the album some time.


The Album on Amazon.

The Album Wiki.

Carson on Wikipedia.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Sounds like a beautiful memory for you.