Saturday, June 02, 2018

Shh, Don’t Tell Old Fuss and Feathers…

Ah, the sweet taste of electronic victory. I managed to get the television working by doing a full factory reset on it. We’re not going to tell Papa, though. I hate all the subterfuge, but I don’t want to flaunt it to my father that I fixed it. It is a really, really nice television. That TV is going to be the new monitor on my computer room computer where he will never see it. I just hope it fits on the desk with room for my keyboard and mouse. It is going to be a tight fit. I was just overjoyed when I reset it and the setup menu showed up on the screen after it cycled. I let out a big, “YES!” and clapped my hands in excitement.

1. While the TV is On, press and hold the EXIT button on the Samsung remote control for 12 seconds. The standby light should blink the entire time without interruption. 2. The Factory Reset screen displays a warning message. Select OK to reset the TV.

The Big Gulp!

So nice to be an egg in Andrew’s fridge. Maggie and I enjoyed a breakfast fit for kings and queens this morning. I scrambled six cheese eggs, fried bacon and sausage, had toasted biscuits, and I also had a big glass of orange juice to wash it all down with. Maggie got so excited she would run out the dog door, run back in, and bark playfully at me while looking like she was going to pounce at any minute. I just wish Maggie would take time to savor her food instead of wolfing it down. Maggie got three cheese eggs, two slices of bacon, a sausage patty, and a biscuit. She ate everything but the biscuit which she buried in the backyard which means there will be a muddy biscuit in my future.

3 comments:

Rita said...

I would tell him that you got it to work, but that is me. I have a television in my garage with the same problem. How do you do a factory reset?

Summer said...

I have a granddog, you may have seen pictures of him. He is a miniature, deaf, vegetarian dalmation named Henry. LOL. He is a vegetarian because he had kidney stones once and the vet told my daughter in law that there was too much protein in his diet. Well, I can never resist giving him some meat when he is here and when I do, he gobbles it up so fast. I don't know anything about dogs but Eva told me that they will eat as fast and furiously until they get sick. Especially people food.

glittermom said...

I think it’s instint that makes them wolf down their food. Protecting it from having someone else get it.