Friday, June 08, 2018

Maggie’s Home–Home Sweet Home…

A Pensive MaggieI thought I would never get her back safe, but my fur kid is exhausted and asleep on the sofa. When she first entered the door, the order of the day was to get Andrew smell on her and get that yucky Veterinarian smell off of her. She put the den rug to good use rubbing back and forth on it and the sofa as well. I just turned a blind eye and let her go at it. I was just so overjoyed to have her home!

She’s got a mild ear infection and I have antibiotic drops to put in her ear everyday.  Otherwise, she got a good bill of health. I thought Dr. Jerry would tell me she is overweight, but he didn’t say a word about it. 

“Let me ask you this. How do you let your dog’s nails get so long?” Dr. Thomas asked me in a candid moment.

It had embarrassed me that Maggie’s nails were so long as if I was neglecting her care.

“She rarely goes outside and would never let me clip them,” I replied defensively. “If she hears me clipping my fingernails, she goes running out the dog door thinking she may be next.”

Dr. Thomas just chuckled and said, “Well, I swear.”

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I never knew a dog that wanted his nails cut. The vet never seems to have a problem. If your dog does a lot Of walking on cement that usually keeps them down. But you don’t even have sidewakes by you do you.