Wednesday, June 06, 2018

I Beat You to the Punch!

MaryMy sister had a break in rounds at the hospital so she called me to talk music. I am loving that she is calling me lately. We were estranged for decades. Dad has a lot to do with it. He keeps telling my brother and sister how far I have come lately recovering from my addictions and my mental illness.

“Have you heard of the artist Little Boots and her album Hands?” my sister asked me. “The album came out in 2009, but sounds so eighties. I thought you would like her.”

“I’ve got all three of her albums,” I replied to my sister.

“Well, you are no fun,” my sister said laughing.

“Mary, I have over 600 Gigabytes of music on my main gaming computer,” I told her. “I have a little bit of everything.”

“What are you listening to this morning?” my sister asked.

“I am listening to Sonya Kitchell’s album This Storm.” I told her. ”She’s got a great voice – deep and husky for a woman. Great range as well.”

“I will have to look her up when I get home tonight,” Mary said.

I spelled out her name and my sister put a note in her phone for this evening.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You look like brother and sister. A lot of resemblance.