Monday, June 04, 2018

Who Dat Be?

Judy was checking us out when I looked at the swinging doors and saw Tuleana and her mother walk into Kroger. I immediately hid my face, but it was too late. Tuleana had seen me and put on her happy face.

“Hey Mr. John,” she said to my father as she traded with him at the pharmacy for years.

“Andrew! What have you been doing? You’ve gained some weight!”

“Oh, nothin’ much,” I replied as she hugged me.

“Richard and me broke up,” she told me. “He wasn’t a man. A provider. I am living with Momma right now.”

“I hate to hear that,” I replied sincerely.

Poor Richard,” I thought facetiously.

They headed onwards to shop and dad and I hurriedly left the store with lots to talk about.

“She just looks crazy,” was the last thing my father told me as I got in my car to drive home.

I forgot to remind him that I, too, am labeled as crazy.

Serving Up Andrew’s Spaghetti…

I haven’t really cooked in so long other than breakfast that I had to hunt for my spaghetti pot tonight. I also found the colander for the noodles. Yes, I am making my spaghetti tomorrow evening for supper. When did ground chuck get so expensive? 

No comments: