Saturday, June 05, 2004

A good day comes to an end…….

Alaine has been over for hours and just left. We cooked supper together. We made scramble burgers (sloppy joes) and I made a salad with a homemade dressing. You mix ketchup and mayonnaise and add some pepper. It tastes a lot like thousand island but better.

I also cooked some homemade French fries with the skins still on. I love fries this way.

I made the scramble burgers from an old recipe of my grandmothers. You brown some onions. You then add a can of pureed tomatoes and one teaspoon of sugar. You brown some ground beef and then add worcheshire sauce, mustard, and ketchup. You salt and pepper to taste and let it cook down until it gets good, thick, and bubbly

You butter and toast some hamburger buns and serve them hot with the meat sauce.

We lay on the floor watching TV on a quilt after dinner. We laughed and cajoled and had a good time.

“I think I like you.” She said.

“Well, I think I like you too.” I replied.

“Would you have ever thought you would meet someone on the internet like this?” she asked.

I laughed and said no. I met a woman once on the internet years ago and got burned from the experience. She sent me a beautiful picture and I fell in love with her. We talked for many months via the computer on dailpad with headphones to avoid long distance charges. One day, I told her I was going to fly out to San Francisco (Concorde, CA) and see her. She then panicked and revealed the truth. She weighed over 400 pounds and was house ridden and was married. I was devastated and it took me a long time to forgive her and just be friends. She died last year from medical complications due to her extreme weight. I always knew her as Patti but her real name was Teresa.

Alaine left a moment ago. She had to go to curves for women for her nightly workout. She is a fitness buff. She joked with me that we could put on a wig and makeup and sneak me in.

“Hell no!” I replied and laughed, “You are not dressing me up like a woman!”

I kissed her good night and gave her a big bear hug.

“Night Doll, you be safe driving home and call me tonight when you get back.” I asked.

“Will do and you have a good night as well.” She replied.

I sat out on the porch for a long time smoking my pipe and enjoying the warm breeze. I watched as the yard was lit up with thousands of fireflies looking like little green jewels sparkling in the dusk.

Good night and take care my friends and thanks for stopping by and sharing my life in words. I do appreciate those of you who take the time to write and give me encouragement and advice. You words never go unheeded or unappreciated.

No comments: