Thursday, June 10, 2004

The moment after choir practice…….

Alaine brought me home. Her driving scares the shit out of me. She has no peripheral vision in her right eye due to her surgery. She hugs the line and I think we are going to hit oncoming traffic. I grabbed the “Oh, Shit!” handle and held on tight. My knuckles were white.

After she brought me home, we sat in the car for a bit. She left the car running with the air conditioning on high. It felt so good but I was growing cold.

“Did you have a good time?” she asked.

“Yes, I did, doll. I had a good time.” I replied.

I was now shivering due to the air conditioning. I am not used to it. She turned it down.

“You have a beautiful voice and talent. I want you to know that.” She replied.

“Thank you.” I said modestly, “I know my voice is not what it used to be.”

“Well, you do. You should use it more often.” She responded.

I blushed and played the shy guy. I am not used to positive comments like that. I haven’t sung in years.

“Well, let me run and head to bed Alaine. I am tired and feeling so sleepy. Thanks for letting me go with you tonight. It was a lot of fun.” I replied.

She gave me a big hug and kiss and I stepped out of the car and shut the door. I walked to the house with a certain cocky step in my stride. I felt I could take on the whole world. She pulled out of the driveway and headed home.

“Good night gentle woman and know that a man cares about you very much.” I thought to myself as I opened the door and she pulled out of the driveway. I was soon asleep and slept until this morning.

No comments: