Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Rolling over…..

I know I shouldn’t write about this but I am up and tired and I want to share this. I gave Alaine a key to my apartment yesterday so she could get in and use my computer when I am gone. I want her to feel that this is her home as well. She is free to come and go.

I was sound asleep and lying in the bed. I felt a warm hand slide up under my head and heard a voice.

“Hey you!” was the voice. It was very soft and comforting.

I felt someone wrap me in their arms and lay on the bed with me. I rolled over and it was Alaine.

“Hey doll.” I said softly.

I wrapped her up in my arms and felt her warmth. My apartment was freezing. I had the air conditioner on high. I was wrapped up under a lot of quilts. I love to feel the weight of all that cover on me.

“What are you doing here?” I whispered.

I don’t know why I whispered. I guess it was because I was just asleep. She just smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

“I wanted to be with you. I am lonely and mom is asleep.” She said.

I wrapped her up in my arms and held her for what seemed like an eternity. It seemed like decades. I held her close and went back to sleep with her in my arms.

I woke up a moment ago so as to use the bathroom. She is sound asleep in my bed. I write in spurts and felt I should put this moment on paper. I didn’t want to forget it. I want to savor it.

I am heading back to bed in a few moments. I hope I can get back to sleep. Good night and fare well.

No comments: