Friday, June 18, 2004

The Drive from Hell……

Well, I made it to the doctor and back this afternoon. My psychiatrist is in Opelika Alabama which is about 30 miles away. My mother drives like a homicidal maniac. 
We came so close to hitting a car getting on the interstate freeway. We were driving down the on ramp gaining speed and mom just merged without looking. I cried out, “Shit mom! Watch out!” The car swerved and honked his horn. I bet that driver had three feet of seat cushion up his butt. My mom’s hands were shaking and so were mine. I will be so glad when I get my car back soon.

My doctor upped my meds and I am to start talking to a therapist there once a week. I really shouldn’t pay for this but I am going to give it a go. I need someone to help me with certain issues; especially those surrounding my ex-wife. I need to learn how to cope with certain situations that push my buttons. I also need to talk in a therapeutic environment and with someone who can guide me. I am deeply skeptical of the benefits of therapists but will go and try. Who knows, it may help me.

Well, I must close for the evening. I have a crock pot of homemade chili that has been cooking on low for hours and it smells wonderful. I am ready to pour me a bowl and grab a few saltines and enjoy a hearty supper. Good night and be well.

No comments: