Thursday, June 24, 2004

Please calm down Jonathon……

I realize my post yesterday may have offended some of you. For that I am sorry. I try to lessen my cursing in my posts but sometimes I feel the need to do so. I wanted to make a point and I needed strong words to do it.

I used to enjoy reading the homeless guy’s website but some things happened to make me change my mind. I just don’t like seeing good people getting duped or taken advantage of. The turning point for me was when he posted about the homeless kid in New York who was living in the library. He said he wasn’t really homeless and was using homelessness to gain fame and fortune. That guy in New York never asked for your money by the way. He told people who wanted to help to give to charity organizations. It reeked of hypocrisy on the homeless guy’s behalf and forever changed my opinion of his blog. Well enough on that. I will let the issue rest and not speak about it further.

I’ve had a so so day. It has rained for much of the day and has been depressingly overcast and murky. I walked down to Piggly wiggly to buy some whole milk. I was dying for a frosty cold glass of milk. As I approached the store, there sat good old George in his car.

“Hey, hey man! Come here for a second.” George asked.

I hesitantly walked over and bent down to the window of the car. At least he no longer tries to sell me drugs. Tonight was still interesting though.

“What ya want George?” I asked.

“Hows dat ex doin?” George asked. “Are yall getting thangs straightened out?”

“Nope, we are still separated.” I replied.

“Do ya ever have needs?” George asked with a big goofy grin on his face.

“Needs? What do you mean?” I asked back with a puzzled expression on my face.

“Ya know, needs, like a woman. I can hook you up.” George whispered as he leaned forward to me. “I know some girls that will treat you right for a price.”

Dear god, here we go again. First he wanted money. Next he wanted to be my pusher and now he is a pimp and wants me to get girls from him.

“No thanks George. My needs aren’t that great. I’ve got a girl.” I said as I stood up and walked through the automatic doors into the store.

“Ya let me know brotha! You let me know!” George hollered back from the car. I just kept walking and didn’t look back.

I kinda chuckled to myself after that. You have to hand it to George. At least he is persistent and not a quitter. If he applied so much zeal to a real job the man would be rich.

No comments: