Sunday, June 06, 2004

The visitor……

I got a phone call awhile ago. It was Alaine.

“Can I come and stay with you tonight?” she asked.

“Doll, my home is your home. Come on over.” I replied.

Alaine drove over and brought a change of clothes. She had a shower in my bathroom and stood beside me at my desk in one of my fruit of the loom t-shirts and a pair of panties on. She was lonely and just wanted to be with me. I felt blessed and grateful. I wanted her here with me.

“I am tired and am going to bed.” She said.

“Go to bed sweetheart and I will be there in a while.” I replied.

She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big hug and kiss.

“I love you Jonathon.” She said.

That’s the big word that we have never shared. I felt uncomfortable. Love? It’s a word that reeks of commitment. I gave in. I do care about her and I realized I loved her very much. I was scared to say it though.

“I love you too doll.” I replied, “You are very special to me.”

I held her there for a long time. I loved the smell of the Irish spring soap after she had the shower. I felt her soft, warm body against mine. I ran my hand up and down her back and she held me close. I kissed her on the cheek several times.

“You head to bed and I will be there in a moment.” I replied.

“Come and be with me.” She replied.

No comments: