Thursday, June 24, 2004

The Cruise…..

I spoke to Alaine for a long time on the phone tonight. She told me that she is taking a cruise on the 4th of July. I want to go so bad but cannot afford it. It would be almost $2000 dollars. I do not have that kind of money. I told her thanks but I declined. She is going with her mother.

After we got off the phone, I had a knock on the door. It was Alaine. She drove straight over to see me. I gave her a big hug and welcomed her in.

“Hey you!” she exclaimed.

“Hey you back?” I asked.

We sat for a long time just talking. I felt kind of weird as if something was wrong. I felt a chasm between us.

“Why won’t you go with me?” Alaine asked.

“Doll, I cannot afford that expense. That is too expensive. I will just have to stay home.” I replied in a sincere voice.

She wrapped her arms around me and whispered in my ear. It tickled and I laughed out loud. I giggled like a little school girl.

“I want you with me!” she replied in a sultry whisper.

“I want to go but you will just have to enjoy me here.” I replied in a whisper as well.

“You are no fun.” She replied with a pout on her face.

Ah, women. They are the salt of the earth and so hard to say no to. I have the money but the last thing I need to do is purchase a cruise for $2000 dollars. It would be too frivolous. I have to save that money in case things take a hard turn.

“Well, I will miss you. You know that?” she replied.

“I will miss you too doll. You have a good time and know that I am with you in heart and soul.” I responded.

We kissed good night and she left to head home. It was hard for me to say no. I would love to just get away and spend some time on the ocean. Eating all that good food and being with someone I care about very much. I will just have to live the experience by her description of the trip.

No comments: