Sunday, June 06, 2004

Struggling with privacy…..

I sometimes worry that what I write is too personal. I took down last night’s entry out of respect for someone I care about. I do not want to hurt her feelings and blather about our personal lives for the whole world to read. Some things are best kept behind closed doors. I wrote last nights entry to share with some friends but realized she may not like me posting such personal things on the web.

I found out some good news today. My grandmother bought a $50 dollar savings bond for me when I was born. It is now worth over $500 bucks. This money is much needed and I hope to use it to fix my car. I will be so great to be able to drive again.

I got off a release form to my congressman. He wrote a letter telling me he is going to work on getting me that back check. I should hear some news soon and what is going one. The consumer in me wants to buy computer stuff but that will just be a dream. I am going to save the majority of that money and start a savings account for future hard times. I must plan ahead and be frugal. I will use some of it to pay off some medical bills and for a few immediate needs but the rest will be socked away for the future.

BTW, how do you go about cashing a savings bond. I have never owned one. Can I just take it to the bank? If you know and drop by leave me a comment. I would appreciate it.

No comments: