Thursday, March 25, 2010

Midday Report…

Hi, I am Andrew.  I am an alcoholic.  I am trying to better myself by going to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and developing a sense of spirituality.  Today, I ventured to the 12pm meeting in Lagrange, Georgia.  We discussed our actions and emotions and how they can effect others.  It was a good meeting.  I have another meeting in town tonight.  It is the 7pm Big Book Study.  The AA Big Book is like the Bible of AA.  The AA meeting hall is just a few blocks from my house.  I will walk if the rain holds off.  I will reconnect with people I haven’t seen in years and hopefully a few new ones as well.  All of this is so new to me.  I am really pushing the boundaries of my social anxieties.  It gets easier as I get out and go, though.  Let’s hope I can keep this up.  I already feel one hundred percent better.  I don’t feel so alone.  

9 comments:

kakkyl said...

Andrew, good for you for going to AA. I also have an addiction to alcohol and I have been putting off going back to AA for the very reasons you mentioned. It is a very scary place to be at first. And people here will know I have relapsed and may pass judgement on me. Silly I know, but I worry about the same things you do. You are a person of great courage to do this. I hope you keep going. We can all get inspiration from you!

I have been reading for a long time, but first time to comment.
Betzy

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Hey Andrew (and Betzy, too!),

Having a relapse is nothing to be ashamed of. And I would imagine that at every AA meeting there are quite a few attendees who have their own replases. They sure can't judge you.

Andrew - You have talked before about wanting to get a job. Well, now you have one. Your job is to work on getting Andrew straightened out! The pay isn't much, but the rewards are fantastic!! You're doing a great job! Remember, a turtle would never get anywhere if he didn't stick his neck out!

If ya need me, you know how to find me.

Love ya,
Grannie

justLacey said...

A huge thumbs up for you.

Sharyna said...

Ninty meetings in ninty days, isn't that how it goes? I'm glad you're getting out. Did you ever think of going back to the pharmacy to work?

Cheryl said...

Your post and your new 'about me' section made me happy, happy. Please look for a e-mail from me, OK?

Leann said...

It is good to hear you are getting back on the wagon Andrew. I worried so about you. I hope today was a grand day for you.
Blessings always.

K said...

That's the miracle of AA, You Are Never Alone. YANA.

K said...

That's the miracle of AA, You Are Never Alone. YANA.

Joy Heather said...

Well Done Andrew..keep it up dear...a relapse is only a problem if it stops you doing the right thing next time..we are all so proud of you.