Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gift Cards: I Love Thee…

“I am getting you a $100 iTunes gift card for your birthday today,” mom just told me on the phone. “What do you do with them?  You can’t buy beer with them, can you?”

I smiled.

“I usually just get audiobooks for my iPod,” I replied. “And no, you can’t get beer off of iTunes.  I certainly wish you could sometimes.  If I could download beer off the Internet then I would be in serious terrible trouble.”

“What do you want for grocery day?” mom then asked.

I told her I wanted Lean Cuisines instead of Marie Callender meals.  The Marie meals played havoc on my bulimia and drove me crazy this past week. They are fatty, over the top, salty, tasteful, and make me want to binge.  Lean Cuisines are bland, small portioned, and not dangerous.

“Get me three packs of Snicker’s bars!” I then said excitedly.  Sugar is my new drug it seems.  I am very limited by my family of the drugs in which i can partake these days.

“I will get you two 2-liters of diet soda, but your father says they have to be caffeine free.”

“Okay,” I replied. “But get me three.”

“Three?” mom asked. “That is going to push your budget over the limits.”

LOL!

“Mom, they cost .99 cents per 2-liter!”

“Well, okay,” she said and hung up the phone.

I can’t wait for my Snicker’s bars and soda!  The hours till around 2pm are going to pass so slowly.     

7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I love those Lean Cuisine meals. I have them for my lunches. Much cheaper than eating out here at work. Never tried Marie Callender. They are pretty expensive here in the city.
Mary

Andrew said...

Mary,

I especially love the Lean Cuisine Asian meals! The chicken in peanut sauce is one of my favorites!

glittermom said...

I see a piano in your video blogs..Do you play the piano? Or did it come with the house? When I was a kid I wanted to play the piano so bad, but mom always said we didnt have room for a piano...

Andrew said...

Glittermom,

Yes, I play the piano. I will have to do a video blog of me playing some day. I had a minor in piano in college and took lessons all during my youth. My father and mother both play beautifully as well.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Birthday? When is your birthday? Mine is the 7th!!

When I lived near Charlotte, we would have a huge neighborhood party in mid-April because someone had a birthday on all but three days in the month of April! And yes, we were a rowdy gang! At the last party I went to we had a full German Oompah band and everybody drank beer and danced the polka all night!

Happy Birthday to US!

Love ya,
Grannie

Andrew said...

Grannie,

My birthday is April 12th so it is coming up so. I always like that the azaleas are blooming on my birthday every year. I love spring and my birthday couldn't fall on a better date!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Spring is big in our family.
Son in law March 11
Grand Daughter March 16
Son March 28
Grand Son April 4
Me April 7
Another Grand Daughter April 11
Brother and You April 12
Dixie April 15
Another Grand Son April 28

Kinda busy around here for the Birthday Fairy!

Grannie