Friday, March 12, 2010

My Thoughts for the Blogging Day…

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!

Today marks as what I believe is Maggie’s fifth year of living with me.  I will never forget dad standing at the backdoor of my late grandmother’s house where I was living at the time.  Maggie fit in the palm of his hand.  It was one of the biggest surprises of my life.   I love this dog.  I *heart* Maggie!  She has brought immeasurable joy to the life of this simple man.

001 copy  

A Welcomed Turn of Events…

I slept until seven this morning.  It was much needed.  I usually get up at three or four.  I feel so much better.   I have been pacing the floor though.  I drove over to get my sodas and medicine and paced until I sat down to write this post.

I usually listen to the Elvis Duran radio show every morning.  It has grown tiresome, though, other than their phone pranks.  I realized today that all they talk about is sex and relationships – all things foreign to me.  I have little interest in such topics.  I then tuned into New Zealand’s ZM radio for their overnight mix of music. It is 3am Saturday currently there.  Much better.  They play less Lady Gaga  and other American music after midnight there.

Trepidations abound about Tuesday and this upcoming injection of Risperdal.   I will be on the 25mg dosage instead of my usual 50mg dosage.  How will I do?  I am already having lots of symptoms as this week progressed.   Will my sex drive return?  I have told George, that incredibly sexual creature, and he eagerly awaits the results.  

Today is Helen Friday.  I have no idea what Helen is cooking today.  I told dad to leave it up to her.  I wanted a surprise and Helen has good taste in Soul Food. 

Mom or Helen usually brings me my plate since Helen quit cooking at my house months ago.  I am still trying to lessen my impact upon mom and called her last night to remind her that I will drive over and pick up my meal.   I eagerly await 3pm to roll around so I can eat.  It gives me something to look forward to.   

7 comments:

Hap Joy Free said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

She looks so cute in her party hat. be sure and give her an edible treat so she knows she is loved! and go for a walk, Andrew, get that energy out for both of you!!

Joy Heather said...

Happy Birthday Maggie...she looks good in that hat..bet a nice walk would give her an appetite..then she'd be really happy.

Sharyna said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie!! Did Daddy photoshop a party hat on you?

Happyone :-) said...

Happy Birthday to Maggie!!
She certainly looks like the birthday girl with that party hat. :-)

sharon said...

Happy Birthday MAGGIE!!!!!!

justLacey said...

Happy birthday party girl.

pattycakes said...

happy birthday maggie , you look so cute in ur party hat , hope you get a nice lil treat .and a nice walk to get your energy up and make for an interesting day for you . have a good one :)